- 12 slices thick cut organic Applewood smoked bacon
- 12 sea scallops
- 12 bamboo skewers, soaked for about 30 minutes in water
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Black Pepper
- Also needed: baking sheet and parchment paper, and a grill or grill pan.
- Preheat oven 350˚ F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and lay out bacon. Bake about 12 – 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Preheat you grill.
- Mix cayenne, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper in about equal parts. You can add extra salt to taste.
- Season scallops with spice mixture and wrap with a slice of bacon. Skewer each wrapped scallop, 2 or 3 to a skewer.
- Brush grill with some cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil. Cook the scallops for about 7 minutes, turning frequently.
- Sprinkle with a little pepper, and drizzle with some olive oil.
Serve with Red Cabbage Slaw