2 range free eggs
1 tsp kosher salt
2 tsps white vinegar
Herbs, seasonings and/or jalapeno to your taste
- Put enough water in a two quart saucepan to fill it about 1 to 1-1/2 inches. Add salt and vinegar, and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs into small individual bowls.
- Use a spatula and spin the boiling water in the pan, then carefully “drop” the eggs, one-by-one into the center of the spinning water. This helps the eggs keep their shape a little better.
- Turn off the heat, and cover the pan. Set a timer for 5 minutes and just wait.
- While waiting, prep your herbs, seasonings and/or jalapeno. You can mix salt, pepper, oregano or rosemary for instance. Fine chop a little jalapeno and cilantro if you wish.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs when done. Dress and serve.
1/4 cup fresh Lemon juice
1 /2 cup extra-virgin, cold-pressed olive oil
1 – 2 tsps fresh oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Whisk together lemon, oregano, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle and stir olive oil into lemon mixture until fully absorbed.
- Pour over your favorite vegetable and enjoy. Try this sauce over Grilled Asparagus
Luscious Strawberries, whole, cut in half, or sliced
Herb and Spice Options: Mint, Rosemary, Freshly Grated Ginger, Jalapeno bits
1 – 2 cups Organic Red Cabbage
1 Tbsp Extra-Virgin, Cold-Pressed Olive Oil
1 tsp Bragg’s Organic Apple Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
Options: cilantro, cayenne, lemon, jalapeno, ginger
- Chop red cabbage to preferred size and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients together as salad dressing.
- Combine cabbage and dressing.
Life hack: If you’re bulk prepping this dish, place the cabbage in it’s own container separate from the mixed “dressing.” Combine when you’re ready to eat so your cabbage stays fresh and crispy.
It’s the Holiday Season….that time of year that often guarantees an extra layer of fluff. So….I decided it’s time to COME CLEAN and DETOX.
Thanksgiving for me capped off a year of excitement, housing and rebuilding life amusements. A lot of travel, constantly changing “home” environments, and building a new business/life has brought many cool moments, but also a lot of PTSD triggering chronic stress; less than optimal for chronic HEALTH.
I set the start date to Eat Clean and Reduce Stress for last Saturday, and have already lost 3.5 lbs. Now on Day 3, I’ve been experiencing expected highs and lows, a bit of a headache, and a little energy loss, but am SOOOO HAPPY to be on track.
I’d rather have those temporary cleanse symptoms than the dis-ease symptoms that were creeping back into my life.
I know where these symptoms come from, and how to address them naturally. So I took the bull by the horns, jumped on, and am riding back to the stable with confidence that optimal health is waiting for me at my destination.
Stability is an important factor to clean eating. That’s why I’ve taken immediate steps to calm life circumstances as part of my cleanse. I was traveling between Las Vegas and Santa Clarita, then San Diego and Santa Clarita, now Palmdale and Santa Clarita. I’ve created a work schedule that is challenging, but workable. And, I’ve reworked my daily stress reduction plan (critical if, like me, you have PTSD or other mental health challenges that color your life-reactivity).
I’ll drop 25 – 30 pounds in no time; likely about 2 to 3 months. I know how to do that. Life will start to calm and re-stabilize. I know how to do that. Eating clean AND stress reduction IS what works.
No one gets through life without challenges. We all get off track a bit now and then. The key is to keep it real, and make the right adjustments to get back to a good positive direction.
Let me know if you want to join me. I’d love the company.
Use this link: Detox Sign Up
So you’re sitting in the doctor’s office and you get an unexpected ultimatum. You didn’t think your health was that bad, but now you’re being told about the 5 med hamster wheel with bonus side effects you’re going to be on for the rest of your life. Well that’s a terrifying moment. Once you catch your breath, what to do next?
Most important in that moment is to know that YOU HAVE OPTIONS……usually beyond what your medical doctor may feel comfortable telling you. The truth is that clean eating can alone is a very important option; one that can help you reduce or eliminate the need for medication or all those side effects.
Now wait a minute? What if clean eating could reduce or keep you off expensive medications? It Can! My friend Kelly even avoided heart surgery after a heart attack just through adopting a cleaner diet. He begged the doc to wait 3 months, learned how to eat clean, and 3 months later…..no surgery.
But what is clean eating? What does it mean and where do you start?
Clean eating can mean many different things these days, everything from non-GMO plant-based only to including “pastured meats,” with grain, without grain, or just avoiding sugar. It can be confusing to know what’s best for you. I recommend a range of options that allow people to transition more smoothly.
But you don’t have to know everything about clean eating in advance to get started when you’re in a fix. Here are some tips about what to look for:
- Resolve to Learn as You Go. Many plans offer eating plans and recipes, but fail to teach you how to eat clean and simple. Choose a plan that encourages learning new habits, and learn-as-you-go.
- Start with a Detox to Speed Healing, then move to Maintenance. That’s what Kelly did! A Detox does mean limiting your food a bit in the beginning, but you can do that. Just make sure the plan you choose eventually teaches you how to eat clean afterwards.
- MUST INCLUDE: Stress Reduction Techniques. Why? The World Health Organization now lists mental health (stress) as a major contributor to chronic disease. If you’re reading this article, likely the diagnosis you received was just that; heart disease, stroke, diabetes, etc.
- Minimal Exercise. Your plan must include a minimum of 15 – 20 minutes of exercise daily that gets your heart pumping. Walking will do.
- Track Your Progress. The best way to gain knowledge about how your body is responding is to track what you eat, your weight patterns, and your daily mental outlook.
For best results, work with a coach or natural health professional who can help you personalize your food to match your health needs during and after your detox when you start eating to maintain health.
If you need help now, start with my 10 Day Cleanse and enroll in my next 30 Day Detox. The online course with the 30 Day program teaches you the hows and whys of eating clean, gives you daily stress reduction, and even regular personal support from me.
Knowledge is power. You’re on the right track KNOWING you have More options than a lifetime of medication and side effects.