2 range free eggs
1 tsp kosher salt
2 tsps white vinegar
Herbs, seasonings and/or jalapeno to your taste
- Put enough water in a two quart saucepan to fill it about 1 to 1-1/2 inches. Add salt and vinegar, and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs into small individual bowls.
- Use a spatula and spin the boiling water in the pan, then carefully “drop” the eggs, one-by-one into the center of the spinning water. This helps the eggs keep their shape a little better.
- Turn off the heat, and cover the pan. Set a timer for 5 minutes and just wait.
- While waiting, prep your herbs, seasonings and/or jalapeno. You can mix salt, pepper, oregano or rosemary for instance. Fine chop a little jalapeno and cilantro if you wish.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs when done. Dress and serve.